Friday, December 30, 2011

The End of 2011

I've been reflecting on this past year and I needed a topic to blog about so yeah.



I'm not really sure how I feel about 2011.  I think that it definitely was not a fun year, and it could have gone better.  But alas, it's over now.  We'll start with the bad and work our way to the good.

The Bad:

1.  Zero to almost no success in dating.

-That was pretty awful.  Drama with a crazy ex and numerous other failures marked this year as a bad year for dating.  Also, the former love of my life got married two days ago, and I'm happy for her, but nobody wants to see that happen.

2.  Parents divorce.

-Self explanatory really.

3.  Hardest semester of classes to date.

-Upper division education classes area a real bitch.  Combine those with my laziness and my mother leaving I couldn't concentrate this semester and my grades show the product of my hard work.

4.  Stupid, stupid, retarded drama with an ex.

-I think most of you know this story by now so I don't feel the need to reiterate this.

5.  My job.

-Don't get me wrong, my job rocks.  But it comes with the negative factor of being stressful, and when I'm not selling well the stress begins to consume me.  It's definitely bad.

The Good:


1.  Became friends with Jessie Keefe.

-You can read about her here.

2.  Grew up a little.

-I now sport a more adult hairstyle, sophisticated wardrobe and other fine tastes.

3.  Didn't drop out of school.

-This literally almost happened.  I had a real lack of motivation going into this year after my parent's divorce and I didn't do any homework at all the first couple months of school.  I pulled through in the end because I want to teach.

4. Became motivated to teach.

-I became motivated to teach after taking Dr. Napoles's Choral Rehearsal Techniques class.  It was easily the best class I've ever taken and it helped me really focus in on how I'm going to teach and what kind of teacher I'm going to be.  It was tough and a lot of work but it reignited my love for music, which if you know me, we weren't on good terms at the moment.

5.  Awesome friends.

-You got the Keefe, the Josh, Mike Dymond, Wes, Casey and CJ.  They are some of the best friends in the world and they've seen me through all sorts of personal hell and torment.  Pretty much they saved me from my own destruction many times this year.  Thank you guys.  This picture will illustrate how I feel about them.

Well I think that is about it for me.  Thank you for reading and I hope everyone had a good year, because I can't wait for 2012!


No comments:

Post a Comment