Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Some New Years Resolutions

I always think these things are stupid but yet I feel compelled to do them.  Problem is, I never stick to them and I generally make them on New Years Eve.  So this year, I've set out to write them down and think about them ahead of time.

Every year I get older I feel that I hopefully won't make the same mistakes that I made in the year that will soon pass.  These are some of them.

1 - Never plan a drinking evening with a girl that I have not kissed yet.

This is simply because this year I have been kissed THREE times as a first kiss whilst these girls were drunk.  Which always makes me feel that the kiss would not have happened without nature's catalyst -- alcohol.  So, the new plan will be to kiss these girls first before getting drunk with them in an intimate setting.

2 - Further establish my identity and style

I think I've made great strides this year.  I've made the change to a classier style of dressing, refined my tastes in wine, actually read real literature and have worked on being a total gentleman.  Most of this is derived from Mad Men but I think more can be done.

3 - Do what makes me comfortable

My friend Josh recently gave me advice that a man should always do what makes him happy and will make him stay true to himself, never compromising himself for a woman.  I have compromised myself far too often this year and I really need to work on that, stick with my guns.

4 - Be more sociable

If Josh can do this, then I sure as hell can.  I need to go out more often and just meet people for the hell of it.  I always try to do everything with purpose, and my purpose here should be to talk to everybody.  When Josh rolls up into the bar he meets anybody and everybody and gets along with them.  I need to do this.

5 - Get my shit together financially

I'm getting to that age where I need to start buying nice stuff.  I started this year with clothes but next year I need to start saving for a new car and eventually just building my savings for when I get my own place.  After all, if I am going to be the hot, young, single and extremely attractive teacher then I need to have a classy place to bring woman home to.

If any of my loyal readers think that I should change anything else for the new year, please feel free to add to this list in the comments.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment