Saturday, December 24, 2011

This one is for Jessie Keefe

That's right, the Keefe!  And if you don't know her then it is a social imperative that you get to know her!


Jessie, in her extreme vanity, asked me last night when I would write a blog post about her.  As I was in need of something to write about I figured this was a rather fortuitous time to pose this question of me.  So here it is, a blog post about Jessie Keefe.

Jessie is one of my best friends.  We actually met through a mutual friend, her now boyfriend Mike, and we've hit it off ever since as really good friends.  In fact, she sent me a friend request after I mentioned on a post that I have a desire to jump off of things.  You could say I took a leap of faith of day.  Erm, it was a good jumping point for a friendship.  Who better to jump off a cliff with than Jessie Keefe?  Haha, that's enough of that.

Anyway, the first night we hung out we went to Astro Burger, then Bean's n' Brew and then we saw Horrible Bosses with some other friends.  Needless to say, that was the start of a freaking awesome friendship.  The next time we hung out, she brought over enchiladas and we watched Happy Feet, with many drunken shenanigans to follow.  I should mention that she doesn't drink, and on that night I wasn't drunk, but there were other people there who were extremely drunk and I shall keep them nameless.

A lot of epic memories and times have happened with Jessie Keefe.  Like that time when she dropped my flashlight off of a waterfall.  Or that time we went to Raging Waters.  Or the various trips to Keys on Main, the Tavernacle, Victoria's Secret and other malls.

Jessie asked me to explain the complexities of our relationship.  And boy, are there complexities:


  • Basically, we are BFFs (pronounced buh-ffs) and we're so close that many people have thought we were dating.
  • Granted, the Christmas cards didn't really help that but damn, they are so sick.
  • You CANNOT EVER call her Jessica.
  • She has a strange obsession with the Number 9, not the movie, but the actual number.
  • If she likes you enough, she'll kiss you.  In a friendly way of course, but boy was it surprising.
  • She loves the piano.
  • She is extremely seductive, if only to make men uncomfortable, mostly Josh.


But how can someone explain the complexities of a relationship?  Well, you can't.  You just have to be there.  And anybody that has been around us can see it.  We are a good match, it just works and I can't explain why.  She is incredibly important to me, her opinion weighs very heavily.  It is always important that she approves of the women I date because I want her to be happy for me, and I don't want her to have to pretend to be happy for me.  So any other women who might be reading this, you gotta win over the Keefe, because she is kind of a big deal.

She has always been there for me.  Whether it was bitching about work or women, or when I needed people around for all the messed up stuff that happened this summer, she was always there.  I hope that I have been as accommodating as she has towards our friendship.

Lastly, I want to say this.  Mike, you are so damn lucky to have Jessie Keefe and if you ever mess that up, I will probably destroy you.  We're good friends you and I, but Jessie is extremely important to me.

1 comment: