Sunday, January 8, 2012

Portal 2

Yeah, this game is the shit.
So if you haven't played Portal 2, you definitely should.

I highly recommend it.

Basically, it's a puzzle game but it's more than just that.  It is so good I'm at a loss for words on how to describe it.  So I've decided to just write some things that I like about it.

1 - The game is hilarious.

One of the defining traits of the previous Portal game was the witty and funny things that GLaDOS would say to you.  She was pretty much hell-bent on killing you, but she was at least funny about it.  The same theme continued into the second game with the introduction of Wheatley who was also hilarious.  I was pretty laughing most if not every moment of the game.

2 - The gameplay is fantastic

The controls are super tight and not complicated in the slightest.  This game introduced a few elements that kept things simple yet still challenging.  Not to mention, this game manages to nail player progression through learning.  The pacing and addition of new game elements and concepts is at a remarkable pace so you always have that balance of challenge and ease.

And the best reason of all..

3 - I feel like a f*#%king genius when I play it

There is nothing more satisfying than beating an incredibly hard puzzle, because you feel like nobody in the world could do that puzzle except for you, because you are a f*#%king genius.

Just some thoughts about this game.  Go play it, it's absolutely fantastic and if you buy it for PC then let me know, and we will play co-op.

No comments:

Post a Comment