Monday, January 9, 2012

Poor Decision Making

This is a rage post.  Mostly, rage towards myself because I am dumb sometimes.
So in the past couple of weeks, I've managed to make some fairly poor decisions.  So I just thought I'd blog about it.  As the semester drags on I will probably blog less so I'm going to try and blog on Mondays.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.  Ah yes, poor decision making.  I am the poster child of poor decision making.  Let's discuss some of these shall we:

1. Date with an Ex (she asked me out BTDubs)

-- You see, I'm not normally against this kind of thing.  In fact, I try my best to be friends with my ex's because I don't like conflict, and I'm just a nice guy.  I'm Ted Mosby actually (upcoming blog post).  But this one was particularly indicative of my poor decision making.  You are probably asking: "Why even go on this date?"  Two reasons: 1) I wanted to assert my position of power that I still somehow hold over her, and 2) Because I am a nice guy and it was supposed to be nothing but a friendly dinner.

Well, some things threw a wrench into a perfectly simple and harmless plan:

1) I, in a moment of pure retardation, said we should go to the Cheesecake Factory.  Now, I love that place but it is expensive.  It was definitely more money than I wanted to spend on her, but I was being dumb and polite.

2) She has a boyfriend! I don't really care that she does, at all actually, but she probably shouldn't have asked me out on a date.

3) She lied to this boyfriend about where she was.  She said that she was having dinner with an old friend -- that she dated for nine months.  Definitely not just an old friend.

4) She said she wanted to go to dinner with me to see how I was doing.  A simple text, Facebook message or even just coffee would have sufficed.  Not a dinner date.

Needless to say, this was just one part of the most absurd night of my life.  What a ridiculous night.

2. Gave the greatest secret of jazz music away and turned someone into a monster

-- The greatest secret of jazz music is this: learn the omnibook, make lots of money.  I have since explained the omnibook secret four times today so I don't much feel like doing it again.  Ask me sometime if you have no idea what it is.  But anyway, I told a good friend about it, and how it was the secret to winning an audition and becoming awesome.  Well, this friend has taken the information and ran with it and now I'm in jeopardy of losing my Jazz chair in the Big Band.

This bothers me because this is my last semester of school, and because Big Band is everything.  At Snow, we were taught that Big Band is the highest honor and you will never earn the respect of Scott Wilson without making it into his band.  I never earned this respect so I feel that I need to keep making it into Big Band so that I can be a decent musician.  Yes, I know, it's retarded and I shouldn't base my happiness on making this ensemble.  But, the fact of the matter is that is how I was taught to feel.  So right now, I'm a little pissed off.  Both at him, and myself.  I am Prometheus and I've given away fire.  I shouldn't be too mad, because I might have just done him a huge favor.  But sometimes, sacrifices must be made for others.  I should be altruistic about this, but I've instead chosen to be childish.  That bastard.

3. Registering for classes the day before school started

-- Not much explanation here.  I'm just one of the laziest people on the planet and it didn't occur to me that I might not make it into some essential classes.  Here's to hoping I get lucky and somehow a spot opens up so that I don't have to take summer school.

4. Need to stop chasing these LDS girls

-- Also not much explanation needed here.  I'm attracted to them because they are pretty and my type of girl.  That whole temple marriage thing is a real deal breaker for me though..  I still like them!  Definitely the best kind of girl.  Utah is such a fail for dating because it is so difficult to find a nice, sweet girl who isn't LDS and doesn't go overboard on the partying.  Alas, the search continues for that girl so that I can begin my own HIMYM story.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment