Friday, January 13, 2012

Last real semester of school!

Woot woot!



So basically, this is my last real semester of school.

EFF YEAH!!

Now I say real because as an Music Education major you spend your actual last semester student teaching in a high school getting to see if all that time and money was really worth it.  From what I understand about it, it is totally worth it and the best part of your college career.

For student teaching I'm currently deciding on what school to teach at, and my choices thus far are narrowed down to Woods Cross, Jordan and Skyline.

I'm so excited!

Now, assuming I can make it through a hellish semester and student teaching I will graduate and get that fancy $50,000 piece of paper that says that I'm kinda smart or something.

This semester I am taking a reasonable amount of classes:

Instrumental Rehearsal Techniques
Theoretical Foundations of Music Education
Instrumentation
Concert Attendance
Private Lessons
Jazz Ensemble I
International Travel

And..

SENIOR RECITAL

My senior recital will be my last hurrah and the biggest concert of my college career.  Ya'll should come.  I will blog, tweet and Facebook it as it approaches but here are the details:

University of Utah - David Gardner School of Music - Dumke Hall
February 22, 7:30 PM
Cost: FREE!!

Featuring:

Myself - Guitar
Joshua Birch - Sax
Matthew Weidner - Piano
Alicia Gailey - Bass
Richard Gailey - Drums

It should be a smashing good time!  Be there!

Anyway, other exciting events of this semester include UMEA in February, a road trip to Seattle in March with the Keefe, Mike Dymond and Josh Birch, and a trip with the Jazz Band in April to the Greeley Jazz Festival in Colorado.

Here's to a crazy, busy, ridiculous, memorable and fun semester!  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Also featuring JessieKeefe as best friend and cheerleader.

    ReplyDelete