Sunday, July 31, 2011

Music I would have play in critical moments of my life

The title is self explanatory really
Everyone has music that they would love to have playing during certain moments, whether it be dramatic, exciting or just moodful, music is wonderful.  Being that I am a music major, music is abundant in my life, especially in critical moments.

1. Third Eye Blind "Slow Motion"
-- I first heard a cover of this song by Panic! at the Disco, it came on during a random mix of their songs.  Then I found out it was originally written by Third Eye Blind so I sought out that recording.  This song is very powerful, and very sad as well.  I think this one plays in the more depressing moments of my life, or maybe even not at all, but I'd like to think this is what one would hear.

2. Oasis "Champagne Supernova"
-- I first heard this on Grey's Anatomy (don't make fun of me, I can't get enough of the drama).  Never having heard the song, I did what any person would do and I used Shazam to find the title and then proceed to buy the song off of iTunes.  This along with the previously mentioned song are in my top 5 of all songs of all time.  I think this one would be in the more depressing or sad moments.

3. Arcade Fire "No Cars Go"
-- I heard this one on Pandora, and it is an immensely popular Arcade Fire song.  I love it.  Unlike the previous two, I think this one is in the more exciting and maybe even happy moments.

4. Most or even the entire soundtrack of "Inception"
-- That Hans Zimmer really knows his shit.  The soundtrack is great evoking all kinds of emotions, from the low moments to moments of pure excitement and non-stop action.  The music as in any movie, was essential to making the movie amazing.

5. Most or even the entire soundtrack of "Tron: Legacy"
-- This one is because I'm a nerd.  I mean, have you seen my phone?  The soundtrack has more powerful, exciting moments than the sad ones, all except for the Adagio for Tron.  Also, I have dreams of playing Disk Wars and one day owning a light cycle.

6. Cary Brothers "Blue Eyes"
-- Easily one of the most best songs I've ever heard in my short life.  This would be in the sadder moments that happen right before things turn around, it's hard to explain.

7. Colin Hay "I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You"
-- This was like my theme song for the longest time and it was all because of one girl, and I don't need to mention her because everyone already knows who I am talking about.  It's still a great song but it doesn't play nearly as much anymore.

8. Iron and Wine "Such Great Heights"
-- This is originally a Postal Service song but I like this version way better.

9. Randall Thompson "Choose Something Like A Star"
-- This is a choral arrangement of a Robert Frost poem.  The music and text are hauntingly beautiful, I think of this in those really dramatic moments (kinda like a montage).

10. Eric Whittacre "Sleep"
-- Another choral arrangement, also with hauntingly beautiful text.

This is just a small collection, and I'm sure I will add more in the future.  If you have songs that you think belong in the soundtrack of your life feel free to share in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment