Monday, June 3, 2013

The Best Soundtrack of all Time

This is a post about the soundtrack to Garden State. If you haven't seen it, don't even read this post.
I kid, I kid!
But really, do yourself a favor and go see it. I will even let you borrow it if you cannot find it!



Ok, so I assume (or at least hope) that if you made it past the break that you have watched the movie.
And if not, what the hell is wrong with you?!

The movie is an absolutely fantastic film. And besides stellar performances and writing, the movie is greatly complimented by an even better soundtrack of indie music. In fact, it may be some of the best indie music ever arranged/compiled into one soundtrack.

My favorites by far:
"Blue Eyes" by the Cary Brothers
"Such Great Heights" by Iron and Wine
"I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You" by Colin Hay
"In the Waiting Line" by Zero 7

I would normally post links but it is late and I'm lazy. I'll probably post them later.

OR

Better yet, just buy the album here: http://www.amazon.com/Garden-State-Chad-Fischer/dp/B0002J58LK

This is one album that I find myself listening to in it's entirety almost every time I'm feeling down, or even just want to drown out the world with music. This is my go-to album.

I also find myself watching Garden State fairly often as well.

Anyway, it's late. I'm tired. Listen to this album. It will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment