Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Favorite Superpower

This is going to be a hugely Man of Steel/Superman related post. If this doesn't interest you, well, you should still read anyway! And even come back a few times to increase my view count ;)
This last weekend I saw Man of Steel. For those that know me, you know that I LOVE SUPERMAN. By far my favorite hero. I don't even care what negative things you have to say because my unwavering adoration for him makes Superman the best.

Regardless..

This isn't a post about Superman, well, not completely.

This is a post about his ability to fly. In fact, if I could have one superpower it would be the ability to fly. So here's why:

1. Endless Travel Opportunities

-- I mean, you can freaking go anywhere you want. So if it is raining in your area, you can fly somewhere sunny. Too hot? Go somewhere cool. Feeling like taking a swim? Go to the coast. There are too frequently times where I want to be somewhere else just to enjoy a change of climate and get away from these absurdly hot days.

2. The sense of freedom

-- My favorite moment of Man of Steel was when he first learns to fly. I can't even imagine how empowering it would feel to do something like that. To be able to go anywhere, see anything, DO anything. I bet Superman feels invincible up there, flying above it all. Not a single care in the world.

3. It seems like the singularly most cathartic way of letting it all out

-- Most people go on runs when they need to think through something. I think I would go for a fly, and just go, with no destination. I can't think of anything I would rather do than to be up there above it all, just flying, letting the wind flow through my hair.

That is my dream.

I have dreams about flying. They happen all the time. I of course dream about other things, but I think about flying the most.

Maybe this is my subconscious telling me to become a pilot. Either way, all that I know is that I want to fly. And even though Superman has all of those awesome abilities, I envy him the most for flight.

Maybe one day..

Feel free to sound off in the comments about your favorite superpower! Or if you agree :)

No comments:

Post a Comment