Thursday, February 16, 2012

This is for Josh

This is a post about my buddy Josh Birch.



Josh has a god complex.
You can read about it here: http://joshbirch.wordpress.com/

Anyway, as with all tributes I'm going to talk about the dynamic of our friendship.

Josh and I have been friends since our first year at Snow together, almost five years ago.  We've been friends a very long time.  We've gotten to know each other quite well since then, more so recently.

Josh is probably the first or the second most talented musician I personally know.  He is good at everything.  It's not a stretch to say that he is almost better than me at the guitar and sax is his primary instrument.  He is nothing short of a musical genius.

He is also a life genius.  He always seems to give remarkable advice, sometimes generic as well but with how he says it, it sounds different and somehow more full of wisdom.

He is a really good friend of mine, in fact, he is in my bridge crew which is not an easy feat to achieve.  He is an excellent wingman, or so I've been told.  He's never really had an opportunity to wingman for me, but I've been led to believe he is amazing at it.

He is also extremely nerdy.  We can talk for days about the most random pop culture references, about video games, music, really anything nerdy which is what I think makes our friendship really great.  Our favorite thing to talk about is Starcraft.  We both have this dream, or maybe just I do, to become progamers and join a team.  He wants to join EG so he can play with HuK and I want to be on SlayerS so I can play with MMA.  He is only one of a couple people that I can talk about Pro Craft with so I really appreciate that of him.

SlayerS Duke; EG Pigdog -- both have a nice ring to them.

Josh is also kind of an ass.  Because of his aforementioned god complex he has a tendency to think he is always right.  We let him think he is right to keep him around ;)  But, this asshole part of his personality leads to his most valuable trait, and that is that he is probably the funniest person I know.  The most laughable, enjoyable moments of my life have been around Josh.  He is entertaining which is why we keep him around.

Most of all, he looks out for me.  He always kind of has actually.  I've sort of looked up to Josh because he is a musical badass and is full of fortune cookie-like wisdom so I tend to respect his opinion quite a bit, maybe too much sometimes.

Suffice it to say, Josh is a neat guy.  He's pretty cool and definitely one of my best friends.  Hats off to you Josh Birch.  Let's hope that this year brings more crazy and exciting adventures for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment