Thursday, February 23, 2012

Senior Recital -- Check

I am now that much closer to being done.  Read on to see what else is next.
So for those who were not in attendance, my senior recital was last night.  It actually went much better than I thought it would, and now I am relieved it is over.  Thank you to all who came out and to my awesome musicians for playing.

The senior recital was the big part about the semester but alas I still have much to do before I graduate.

1.  Finish the semester out

-- Obvious right?  But my classes this semester are stupid, and my lack of motivation is beginning to kill me.  Perhaps now I'll work a little harder now that the recital is over.

2.  Scout a student teaching site

-- I've been thinking about where I am going to do my student teaching for a year now, and I think I'm set on Woods Cross High School although Skyline is pretty enticing as well.

3.  Prepare for the Praxis

-- The Praxis is an exam that all teachers must take to get certified to teach.  I've heard all kinds of things about the Praxis being either really hard or really easy.  Either way, I must pass it on the first try or else my dad won't pay for the subsequent attempts, and I really don't want to pay for those.

4.  Be John Scofield

-- This semester Russ is making us play a Jim McNeely tune that features a 3-minute long solo by John Scofield.  He really needs me to pull through for him on this as we are playing this tune at the Greeley Jazz Festival in April.  In preparation I've listened to nothing but Scofield for a week, so here's to hoping that I can somehow accumulate years of experience and technical fortitude.

As of right now I think that is everything I need to complete.  I am finally beginning to see the end of this journey, which is good because I was beginning to think I was going to be on this road for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment