Friday, August 5, 2011

Sometimes, you just gotta swallow your pride

Just some thoughts and random ramblings of someone who loves to talk.



So recently I broke up with this girl, and then some things happened with her and a good friend of mine.  Long story short, it was a real Charlie Foxtrot.  Now, after all of this, the logical decision was to burn both people and part ways from them, after all, what they did was pretty messed up.  But, I chose to forgive my friend, and chose to forget her.

Some would ask, why him?  Why did he get a get out of jail-free card?

Well, frankly, I hate being mad at people.  I can't stand it.  It's one of those nice guy qualities, and that is who I try to be.  I wanted to be mad, I really did, but I let it go because good friends are hard to come by.

As for her, I saw getting rid of her as something positive because lets be honest, there are no less than 4 BILLION women on this Earth, and if I can get one, I can get another.  But a good friend is a sparse commodity.

I recently made the decision to forgive her, well not so much, more like call a truce between us.  The reason for this is because we have SO many mutual friends.  School is starting soon and I will be damned if I can't hang out with them because of her and everything that went down.  So I've decided to swallow my pride, be the mature person, and let things go.  Not completely though.  We are not friends, not yet at least, but we are no longer enemies.  Now, I did this for two reasons: 1) because I hate being mad at people, and 2) because I want to keep my other friends.

I feel like break-ups are small scale divorces, you have to divide up friends, activities and ultimately do what is best for the kids (or friends in this case).  And I've decided this is the best course of action for the coming school year, considering how much this year is probably going to suck.

I may have made a very terrible decision, but who knows?  Maybe, just maybe, I won't get burned for being the nice guy this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment